Monday, July 2, 2012

An inconvienience

Perhaps I was a bit too optimistic yesterday. I found out that I need surgery to repair my arm. I will leave out the details but I have to get it repaired before I can continue my trip. I hope to have the surgery today or tomorrow. I am not in pain or anything, I just want to get my arm fixed and get back on the road!! My appointment is at 9:00 am this morning (2 hours) when I will find out when he can do it and how long after that before I can ride again.
At the same time, I have been welcomed into this community in a way that is remarkable! Invitations to dinner, to beer at the local brewery, to park my bike in their garage, to go to a comedy show, to give me a ride an hour away to the airport, etc. Wow!
I would like to send a special shout out to Tom, Cathy and Mary - you 3 are very special people and I feel very fortunate to have met you. THANK YOU for everything but most of all for your friendship.
God sure does work in mysterious ways...

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. Hurt bicep does not sound like fun. I"m so glad are ok and that there was not more damage. Hope that you are able to quickly return to the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I have much to be grateful for. On to Utah!

    ReplyDelete