Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 12 - A day of rest in Oregon

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and stuck my head out of my tent to admire the stars again. It was still wow! While laying there admiring the sky a shooting star flew across right in front of me!! It was so bright and so vivid that I am sure my wish will come true! Sweet! Today I rested. So far I have covered about 2,350 miles in 11 days. What I like about that is that I am not tired of riding at all - I am still ready to go! ! I am, however, taking today off in order not to burn myself out and to relax and have more than one beer at a sitting. And I have enjoyed today tremendously. I rode up to the lodge early to get on the waitlist for a room, had a great breakfast and then spent the morning talking to friends, doing a little work, and catching up on sleep and rest. Did you know I love a good nap? I do! I then went for a ride around the rim of this amazing crater but it was partially closed due to snow! As I rode around it did look a bit like ski season - snow was everywhere! Afterwards I drove back to the lodge, got a room (yeah!), checked in and took a long and soaking bath as there was no shower in my room (it felt great!!). I then went down stairs, sat on the porch looking over the lake, read and had a few beers. What a wonderful day... Dinner will be late but so what - I am in no hurry at all. I am excited about sleeping in a bed again!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! It looks like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete