Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 23 - The Yukon and me

I spent the day in the Yukon. That's right, way up there where the local saying is "The strong get stronger and the weak perish". I kept the fact I had a wounded arm to myself. My guides told be about this awesome bakery hidden off the back streets and so I went there and had a fantastic breakfast. I even bought a spanakopita to take with me for the road. My goal for today was to put in about 500 miles to get to the Laird Hot Springs - and I did. I set up my tent, found a laundry and found a weak but available Internet signal. Thus I am sending this out a bit early but I wanted to get these posted. I saw the usual assortment of crazy signs and animals. I saw my first couple of black bears but stopping on a motorcycle to take a picture of a wild bear did not sound to smart. Anyway I am here, I am safe and I am washing clothes. A dip in the hot springs in a little while and then off to sleep in my tent. I miss my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment