Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 28 - My last day in Canada

I love signs that warn me to stay in my car if I see wild animals. I especially like it when I am the only one standing in a crowd of stopped cars looking at a grizzly bear. It is times like those I especially wish Don Leonard with me (for those that don't know Don, he has a hurt foot so I could out run him!). :-) I've also realized today that I can sense rain. After a month outside on a motorcycle I can feel rain through the clouds, the wind, the smell of the soil, the temperature shifts, the change in humidity and the changing sounds (birds, rivers, etc). I am actually pretty good at it. Cool beans!!! And I also find myself much more comfortable riding in rain to the point I now enjoy it. I slow down to a safe speed and let the rains come. It feels so refreshing - almost as good as dancing in the rain. Almost, but not quite.  Anyway, I spent the morning at a laundry mat washing clothes. At first I felt guilty - I am in such a beautiful place, how can I be sitting in a laundry mat? But I remembered I am not here to sightsee, I am here to enjoy myself. And the truth is I'd rather exchange war stories from the road with my fellow travelers than explore another mountain. That said I did spend the afternoon on my bike riding and hiking. This place is beautiful! Oh Canada - I will speak of you fondly. Besides one miserable bison, you have been good to me. I will return soon.


ODO - 6402

No comments:

Post a Comment