Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 1 (odometer 726 to 1029)

And I am off!!!! Landed in Denver this morning and my friend Laurie Lee picked me up and took me to Rocky Mountain Harley Davidson. Roger and Rand set me up with last minute advise and best wishes and off I went. 60 miles later I stopped for lunch with Shari Lobben from High School (how cool is that?) and then off into the Rocky Mountains. Tonight I am in Montrose, CO right next to Black Canyons National Park. This dream is actually happening!
A huge thank you to Mark S for arranging a great send off dinner last night and to everyone who came.
One last embarrassing honesty - I was turning my bike around when I cut the wheel a little to sharply while going too slow (walking the bike) and it ended up on its side (more like 45 degree angle). It didn't hurt the bike as I was barely moving but in my panic I yanked the 900 pound beast back upright. The good news is that I got back on and drove away. The bad news is that I pulled the crap out of my bicep so now my right arm is wounded. Day 1 and wounded already! Great lesson in humility though.

No comments:

Post a Comment