Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 4 - 436 miles and I am exhausted!

Today was a day of extremes - the first half beautiful mountains, georgeous streams and deep green forests and the second half was wide open plains and huge cliffs of red rock for hundreds of miles in all directions. For some reason I got a big kick out of going through Durango, like I was expecting to see Clint Eastwood or something. And let me tell you there is a huge difference between doing a u-turn in a parking lot during training class and doing a u-turn on a 10-mile an hour hairpin turn in the Rockies with 1,000 ft drop on the edges! Geez!! I loved the mountains (!) and beautiful towns like Telluride and Silverton but I was so ready to see the wide open plains as I crossed into Utah. I already miss Colorado and had good thoughts as I left CO but I look forward to heading back in August. For now..... UTAH!! After a good nights rest.
ODO - 1078 to 1514

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Ralph! Sorry to read about the arm. Be safe and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete