Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 29 - Montana and I have completed a goal in my life

When I meditate I visualize a safe and peaceful place. For me it is a modest, aged and small western ranch with a rickety front porch and a few failing front steps. I am sitting in my rocking chair watching over a long wide field of tall grasses with trail tracks that lead off west. A river runs in the distance, behind it a jagged and snow capped mountain range. Horses graze between a few precious tall trees to my left. The only sound I hear is a breeze carrying an occasional creak from the porch and the only smells I can smell is of the earth from the rain this morning. This is my safe place and it is in Montana. It is odd finally being here - even though this is my first time here I have always loved it. I am so happy to be here, and tomorrow I will enjoy meditating here, in Montana, for real, at home, at last. Wow! Have I already said it feels so good to be here? On the way down from Canada this morning I saw some friends fishing in a row boat on a beautiful river (they waved at me which makes them my friends). They looked happy on that boat happy and I don't think they cared one bit if they caught anything or not. I was smiling when I took the picture below. At the border crossing I thought I would be sad to leave Canada - she was so damn good to me - but I wasn't. I find myself beginning to be ready to go home. It felt very good to hear the Border Control Agent say "Welcome home" to me which surprised me. It is good to be home indeed. I drove to Kallispell, MT next to Glacier National Park (tomorrow's adventure) and found every single hotel completely full. I had a slight chance of getting a room at the local Hilton Garden Inn but the guest shows up at 10:15 pm (10:30 pm they were going to release it to me). Thankfully the bartender knew of a hostel in the mountains and she got me a room there! Thank you Sara! It was a scary night drive through thick woods and bad roads (think Stephen King) but a bright moon overhead shone overhead. I love the moon - it has always been good to me and tonight she kept me safe once again. It is a terrible room (see picture of sprinkler head installation) but it was wonderful because it was clean and secure, not a bed bug in sight (and I checked carefully). And so now I go to sleep in Montana for the first time in my life. I am happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment