Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 19 - Prince Rupert's bald eagles

Not much to report today as it was a day of sightseeing as I wait for the ferry to Juneau. I have to be at the dock at 3:30 am tomorrow morning so not much sleep tonight. Today started out with another crazy rendition of french singer Edith Piaf's hits from the '50's by our hostess (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsKgXZHofRo) followed by an amazing 3-course breakfast and then a ride around the attractions in the general Prince Rupert area. I love the way people are so casual about bald eagles sightings around here - I bet I saw at least 20 of them today and each one amazed me. I also saw what I was told was the Tree of Souls. It turned out to be a gag by the locals - it was a Tree of Soles, a tree where the locals nail their shoes. Ha! It's good to see humor is a common link between all peoples. I am not looking forward to this 31 hour ferry ride that starts tomorrow morning but I am looking forward to getting to Juneau. There is supposed to be an amazing Harley Davidson dealer up there. And BTW - yes, 31 hours on the ferry; my math was wrong yesterday when I said 17 hours. Oh well. as Edith Piaf would say, C'est la vie.

1 comment:

  1. How did you know about yoga pants! I need to give it a try one day.

    ReplyDelete