Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 6 - I love the rain!

Today was my first rain day and I have no complaints at all. The advantage of traveling on a motorcycle is that I get to experience everything nature has to offer. When it started to rain I could smell the deep rich smell of the red earth and the Juniper trees. I could feel the temperature drop around me as the rains cooled the road and surrounding areas. Every now and then I would hit the wall of a thermal and the temperature would drop 10 or 15 degrees - it felt wonderful! Yes, I did get the occasional body slam of water from the 18 wheeler going the other way, but so what? That's what showers and washing machines are for. I pulled over once to try to take some pictures of the rain (failed) and I had to laugh - I was getting soaked! So instead I turned my face up into the rain, stretched out my arms like that scene in Shawshack Redemption and laughed! Insane? Certainly, but I have always loved the rain and this was no different. I loved every minute of it. I am staying in Escalante Utah tonight. I have no idea how I picked this place (see picture of downtown below) but I have a good campsite, a hot shower and they serve cold beer and decent pizza next door. I am now heading to go to sleep in this fresh and cool mountain air. I am a happy camper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment