Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 43 - 35 years later and Dan Moore is still a best friend!

I woke up in Kansas and headed straight south to Tulsa Oklahoma to see my friend Dan Moore. Dan was one of my best friends from high school and it was SO great to see him again! Just like when I met Shari Lobben, it's like the 35 years since the last time we saw each other just disappeared - you just pick up from where you were all that time ago and keep going. We met at a bar where Harley Davidson's park in front and car's park in the back, as it should be! It was called the Crows Creek Tavern and came recommended by my dear friend Rosa's mother and it was perfect. We spent a couple hours there then checked out a couple of other spots drinking a little beer but mainly just catching up on each others lives and repeating some old ways. Perfect! Somehow coming back from a trip like the one i've been on and then tying back to one of my best friends from my youth at the end is important, I am just not sure how yet. But we had a great time and even got to check out Rosa's parents new home too! Tomorrow I head east again and then my last night on the road. I can taste the margaritas in Atlanta monday night already!

ODO - 9799

No comments:

Post a Comment