Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 39 - PT and the Beartooth Mountains

Well today was a different kind of day, that's for sure! I woke up around 3 am with the moon shining in my window so I got dressed, went back outside to my bench, and relaxed under the moon with the place to myself. Insects and birds made their noises but the geysers hissed their songs the loudest. And the moon seemed happy to be back above the horizon and be able to share her messages. Thank you moon - message received! After a bit more sleep I got up around 6:30 am and walked the geysers again yet this time the steam was twice as thick because of the cold morning air. After a good breakfast (thanks Zach from Knoxville!) I headed north and east towards Sturgis. On the way I met PT, a woman in her 70's who shared much of her life's story and philosophies with me - and what a story it was! I listened to her for over an hour and left feeling so blessed for having met her. She was so generous with her time and to a complete stranger. As I was leaving she said "Remember, everything you need in life you already have in your heart and soul". This from a woman who seemed as surrendered (her word) and as at peace as anyone I have ever met. What an experience! I then crossed the continental divide for the last time and headed into the Beartooth Mountains. OMG - switch back roads on steep drop-offs for 2 solid hours - a motorcyclists dream!! The views were so huge to see and I was almost breathless the whole time. And just like anyone who has ever tried to take a picture of the Grand Canyon can attest, it is impossible. I spent so much time talking with PT I was now running late so I detoured for the Interstate (yuck!) and rode until 11 pm when I stopped in Gillette WY for the night. I am 2 hours from Sturgis so getting there for lunch will be a quick ride. What a wonderful day!!!

ODO - 8462

No comments:

Post a Comment