Thursday, June 14, 2012

All systems go - T minus 16 days!

My schedule is back to the original dates - June 30 departure with a tentative return on August 12, 2012. Two trips back during this break means it will be chopped up into 3 two week vacations in a row but that is fine. I am very excited and ready to go! I am collecting everything I need for the trip and buying a few things I don't have (tank bag, Bluetooth helmet, tent, etc). I continue to get great hints from people on places I need to visit (Columbia River Gorge, Seven River Falls, etc) which I really appreciate. I completed a Skilled Driver's course this past weekend which really helped my confidence in handling situations on the bike. Risk mitigation, escape planning, recognizing / reacting / braking calculations and a host of other skills were the focus of the class. Good move in taking the class! I am working hard to make this trip as fun and as safe as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment