Monday, May 14, 2012

T-minus 6 weeks

After culling through lots of suggestions, internet lists and my own withlist, the packing list is complete (Thank you, Emily!). Now, all I need is a small trailer or maybe a side car to haul it all! Is 9 t-shirts really that excessive for a 6 week trip? And is that 12v mini-air compressor "vital"? I am NOT letting go of my Thermarest sleeping bag pad. T-minus 6 weeks: Rocky Mountain Harley Davidson (RMHD) called and my bike is disassembled and most of the new parts are in. It looks like my bike will be ready by the end of this month so I need to plan a trip to Denver in early June to break it in with a 1,000 mile run. After that the bike gets serviced and I am ready to go! Also, I have had a lot of friends give me suggestions, recommendations, ideas and advice on places to see, stay, eat, hike, etc when they see my route. I would welcome ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS you may have! Some of them have been amazing ("Go to Arches National Park and take the first guided hike on the Devil's Kitchen trail") and I am very grateful for all of them! Take a look at my route and if you know of something cool nearby, please let me know! I am only doing this trip once so I really do not want to miss the chance to see the Worlds Largest Frying Pan if I can help it! Email your suggestions to me at RalphCurt@gmail.com or post a comment here and don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment